Strawberry Salad is fresh and light making it perfect for the summer. It is scorching hot and we are still in February. All you feel like eating is something fresh and light, and this strawberry salad is perfect for that. Strawberry is not local to where i live. It is supplied from Mahabaleswar, Nilgiris, Conoor and Coorg. It’s only very recently that it is available in the markets in abundance.
As a kid, I remember watching a fairy tale on the television. A story where ‘A witch grows juicy fruits and vegetables in her garden and the villagers are always curious and eager to taste them, but are scared to go near her garden. And that’s when the hero of the story goes into her garden, kills her and gets those juicy strawberries and dips it in chocolate ganache and serves it to his pregnant wife…’ . From that day I had wanted to have strawberries. And all I could have was Kissan Strawberry Jam or strawberry flavoured . Strawberries were not available in the city where I grew up. I had seen strawberries mostly in books. Many years later, I had them in Ahmedabad and LOVED it. It was worth the wait. But now luckily we get it at every fruit shop.
10 to 12 – Strawberries, chopped into huge chunks
1 no – Onion , small sized, sliced
1 no – European cucumber, sliced ( optional)
1/4 cup – Extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp – Red chilli flakes
1 tbsp – Dijon Mustard Sauce
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp – Honey
Mix all the ingredients for dressing in a small bowl and let it sit for 5 mins
Toss strawberries, cucumber and onion in a bowl. Drizzle the dressing over it and give it a good mix.
Serve it with some extra dressing on the side. You can also serve it with some crusty sour dough bread to go with it.
- 10 to 12 - Strawberries, chopped into huge chunks
- 1 no - Onion , small sized, sliced
- 1 no - European cucumber, sliced ( optional)
- Fetta Cheese
- For dressing
- ¼ cup - Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp - Red chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp - Dijon Mustard Sauce
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp - Honey
- Mix all the ingredients for dressing in a small bowl and let it sit for 5 minsToss strawberries, cucumber and onion in a bowl.
- Drizzle the dressing over it and give it a good mix.
- Serve it with some extra dressing on the side. You can also serve it with some crusty sour dough bread to go with it.