Home made Garam masala:
The most common ground spice mix found in every Indian kitchen (Mainly used in North Indian cuisines) is the garam masala powder. It contributes a beautiful aroma and is easy to make.
500 gms – Jeera or Cummin seeds
200 gms – Moti Elaichi or Big Black Cardamom
100 gms – laung or Cloves
100 gms – Dalchini or Cinamon
1 no. – Jaifal or nutmeg
- 500 g - Jeera / Cumin seeds
- 200 g - Moti elaichi / big black cardmom
- 100 g - laung or cloves
- 100 g - Dalchini or cinamom
- 1 no - Jaifal or nutmeg
- 50 g - Star anise
- 50 g - kali mirch or Black pepper
- Dry roast all the ingredients separately . Cool them and powder then in a mixer .Sieve and grind the coarse bits again into fine powder.
50 gms – Star anise
50 gms – Kali Mirch or Black Pepper
Dry roast all the ingredients separately. Cool them and powder them in a mixer. Sieve it and grind the coarse bits again into fine powder. Store in an air tight jar.
Leave a Reply